CDRC's mission is to foster constructive responses to conflict.
We envision a future in which CDRC is the lead resource for nurturing constructive responses to the conflicts that inevitably occur in our communities. As a result of our work, the three counties we serve are places where individuals value themselves, value others, and value relationships.
Specifically, we envision communities where:
• People accept the inevitability of conflict and understand what it does to human interactions
• People are willing to ask for help when conflict makes decision-making difficult
• People are able to encourage others who are involved in conflict to seek help
• Everyone knows someone with the knowledge and skills to help others who are involved in conflict
• All are encouraged to explore the creative tension between autonomy and connection with others
CDRC accomplishes its mission by:
• educating people about conflict
• teaching people to respond constructively to their own conflicts
• training people to help others who are involved in conflict
• facilitating processes that enable each person to make the best choices he or she is capable of making
• facilitating processes that enable each person to understand another's perspective and respect that person's choices
• using the mediation process and mediation skills to facilitate communication between individuals and groups
• partnering with organizations in the community to develop policies and programs that foster constructive responses to conflict
• modeling an organization that welcomes differences, cares for the people who work with it, and deals with its own conflicts in constructive ways.